Windows 7 was released in different editions like Home Basic, Home Premium, Enterprise, and Pro, etc. Windows 7 Pro is available worldwide without any geographical restriction. You can get it from OEMs and from retailers. It has all the features of Home Premium along with data protection and networking Wizard, etc. It is for professionals and for small businesses. Users who work at home can also use this most-wanted Operating System.
Download Windows 7 Pro ISO
Methods to Create a Bootable USB Flash Drive [Installation Methods]
First, convert the ISO image into an executable file so that you could install it into your system easily. You can do it by using three easy methods. I am listing here all of them. Check and select the easiest one.
Method # 1: Use USB/DVD Download Tool
It’s the easiest method that involves the genuine tool “USB/DVD Download” offered by Microsoft. You can download it from Microsoft’s official site. It’s for users who don’t want to take risk of using a third-party tool.
- Click Here to download this tool.
- Connect an 8GB USB with your PC.
- Download Windows 7 Pro ISO from Download section (Make sure that you download the right version of Windows 7.)
- Now, right-click to the “Windows USB/DVD Download” tool and select “Run.”
- When it’s open, search for the “Source File” box. Type the path of the ISO image file or use “Browse” to locate the ISO.
- Now, select “Next” to move ahead.
- Click “USB Device” and “Begin Copying” here. The tool will start converting the ISO image into a bootable “.exe” file.
- Now, your bootable USB flash drive is ready. Go to the USB flash drive and double-click the “Setup.exe” file to start the installation process.
Method # 2: Use RUFUS
If you want to use a short-cut, use Rufus to convert the ISO image into an executable file. It works automatically and quickly. With a few clicks, you can create a bootable USB flash drive.
- Download Rufus.
- Connect USB flash drive with PC.
- To create a Windows bootdisk for Windows 7 or XP, select “NTFS” from the drop-down menu.
- Here, you will see a button similar to a DVD drive. It’s located with a checkbox “Create Bootable Disk Using.” Select this option.
- Select Windows 7 Starter ISO file.
- Click “Start” and Rufus will start converting the ISO image into executable files.
- Within a few minutes, your bootable USB drive is ready.
- Connect it with PC and restart it to start the installation process.
Method # 3: Use Command Prompt
This method is for those who don’t want to download any tool. You can convert the ISO image into a bootable file by using Command Prompt. Follow the instructions below in this context.
- Open Command Prompt from the Start menu. (Press Shift + F10 to launch Command Prompt.)
- Now, type the following commands and press the “Enter” key after every command.
- LIST DISK
- SEL DIS 1 (Instead of 1, type the drive number where you have saved Windows 7 Starter ISO file.)
- CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (You can select your desired drive size)
- FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL=”WINDOWS 7”
- Now, select “Install Now” to a particular drive you have created.
- Now, attach the USB with your computer and restart it.
- When it displays a few options, select language, time and currency format and click the “Next” option to move ahead.
- Select “Install now” to proceed.
- Select the “I Accept the License Terms” option and “Next” from here.
- You see two options: Custom and Upgrade. Select “Custom” if you want to install a fresh Windows OS, select “Upgrade” to upgrade to a newer version of Windows.
- Now, create the partitions and select the partition where you want to install Windows and select “Next” from here.
- Insert a “Username” and a computer name and select “Next.”
- Click “Use Recommended Settings” from the next screen.
- Now, enter the accurate time, date and time-zone.
- Connect to the network.
- That’s all guys.
- You have successfully installed Windows 7 Professional on your PC.
Windows 7 Pro Features
This OS is compatible with all devices and apps of Windows XP. You can use all Windows XP apps in it.
Remote Desktop Host ensures to access documents and files remotely from any computer worldwide. You can exchange documents with your friends and colleagues by using it.
Windows Desktop Search is more powerful and quicker now. Type a few letters in it and search the relevant app instantly.
This edition is compatible with Windows XP. You can run it in Windows XP mode. You can work in this mode easily to enhance your productivity.
Windows Defender brings the utmost security in a more aggressive way for your official data and system. No virus and hackers can access your data.
It has error diagnostic and troubleshooting tools. You can troubleshoot networking and other issues with a click on it.
Create a home and office network by using the Network wizard. You can also share printer, scanner and other devices by using the same network.
This edition of Windows detects the printer automatically. It can accurately detect your location and the location of a printer to print a document remotely.
You can restore a deleted file quickly by using the Restore app. It also supports backup.
The above link is only for the original ISO of Windows 7 Pro. If you want to download the Service Packs, download it from the official site of Microsoft.