Windows 10 brings lots of powerful programs and tools to facilitate users. It’s a combination of Win 8 and Win 7 programs. It became immediately popular OS among Windows users due to the built-in security, updated Mail, Calendar, Microsoft Edge and other features. It was released in 12 variants. The basic features in all variants are the same. However, every edition has some particular features. The most popular editions are Windows 10 Home, Education, Enterprise, Professional and LTSC Enterprise. Windows 10 Home is the most wanted edition of this OS. It’s easier to use as compared to Pro and Enterprise, etc.
Download Windows 10 Home ISO
Easy Methods to Create Bootable USB Flash Drive [Installation Guide]
Before moving to the download link, check download requirements.
- 1GHz or above processor
- 1GB RAM for 32-bit and 2GB RAM for 64-bit
- Minimum 16GB hard disk space for 32-bit and 20GB for a 64-bit version
- 800×600 or above display
- DirectX 9 or above with WDDM 1.0 driver
Method 1: Windows 10 Create Bootable USB
Mostly, users prefer to create a bootable USB flash drive by using Installation Media Tool. You can download it from Microsoft’s official site. Follow the instructions below now.
- Connect a 4GB USB flash drive with a PC.
- Go to the above section to download Windows 10 Home ISO image.
- (Check whether you are using a 32-bit or 64-bit system and download the right version)
- Click Here to download “Windows 10 Installation Media.” It will redirect you to Microsoft’s official site.
- Double-click the downloaded tool to start the installation.
- Once it’s over, click to the tool to launch it.
- Click “Accept” to accept the terms and conditions.
- Now, select the option “Create Installation Media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC.”
- Click “Next” from the next window.
- Select your desired language, Windows 10 edition (Home), Architecture and click “Next” to proceed.
- Now, click the “USB flash drive/DVD” option from here. (If you can’t see any option, refresh the page to view it).
- Here, click the “Removable USB flash drive or DVD” and click “Next.”
- Your bootable USB flash drive is ready.
- Connect it with PC and restart it to start the installation process.
Method 2: Create Bootable Windows 10 Disk Via Third-Party Tool
If you want to use a straightforward way, use Rufus. It’s a third-party tool and easy to use. You don’t need to follow lots of steps to create a bootable USB flash drive by using it. Download it and let it work for the rest of the things.
- Download Rufus from Here.
- Double-click to the downloaded file to install it.
- Now, open the tool.
- Go to the above section and download Windows 10 Home ISO file in USB flash drive.
- In Rufus, click the option “Create a Bootable USB Drive.”
- Now, click “Browse” to look for Windows 10 Home ISO file and click “Next” once you have selected ISO.
- Click “Start” and select “Windows 10 Home ISO” to start the process.
- Rufus starts converting the ISO image into a bootable “.exe” file.
- Within a few minutes, your bootable USB flash drive is ready.
- Now, plug in USB with PC where you want to install Windows 10 Home.
- Restart the system to start the installation.
Method 3: Create USB via Command Prompt (Detailed Method)
If you are an expert in Command Prompt, use Command Prompt Admin to create a USB flash drive. It doesn’t require downloading any tool.
Follow the steps below to create USB via CMD.
- Go to the above section and download the Windows 10 Home ISO image.
- Connect a 4GB USB flash drive with a PC.
- Open the “Start” menu right-click on Command Prompt and select “Run as Administrator” from the context menu.
- In Command Prompt (Admin), type “diskpart” to launch the Disk Management Utility tool. (Press “Enter” key after typing every command.)
- Now, type another command “list disk” to view the list of available disks.
- Type the command “select disc #” to select one disk for installation. I have written “#”, but you need to replace it with a disc name.
- Now, type “clean” to clean your USB drive and press “Enter.”
- Create a bootable partition by typing the command “Create partition primary.”
- Now, type “select partition 1” to select a partition, and type “Active” to active that partition. (Don’t forget pressing “Enter” key after every command.)
- Here, type “format fs=NTFS quick” to make your USB drive bootable.
- Type the command “assign” to assign a letter like X, Y or Z to the USB drive.
- Now type “exit” to quit the tool.
- Give the next command “PowerShell Mount-DiskImage –ImagePath “C:\path\to\Windows10.iso” here. Add here the right path to Windows 10 Home ISO.
- Type “diskpart” and press Enter to open diskpart.
- Here, type “list volume” to know the drive name for Windows 10 Home ISO file.
- Now, type “exit” to close the tool.
- Type the drive where you have stored ISO file like type “E:” here.
- Now, type another command “cd boot.”
- Type “bootsect /nt60 X:” here.
- Now give another command to copy the ISO file “xcopy G:\*.* X:\ /E /F /H.” The term “XCOPY” shows a copy of the ISO file.
- That’s all. Now, your Windows 10 bootable USB drive is ready to use.
- Close Command Prompt Administrator.
Now, let’s start the installation. Follow the instructions below in this context.
- Connect the bootable USB flash drive with PC.
- Reboot it and select “Boot from USB” when booting options appear.
- The system loads files.
- Now, some options appear. Select language, time zone, and other relevant settings.
- On the next page, select “I Agree to the License Terms” from here.
- Here appear two options: Custom and Upgrade. Select “Custom” if you want to install a fresh copy of Windows. If you want to keep the current data, select “Upgrade.”
- Now select a drive to install Windows 10 Home. Make sure; it has at least 20GB storage space.
- The system loads essential files. Wait until it’s over.
- Now, type a name for your computer. Add a network if you prefer. Otherwise, click “Later.”
- That’s all. Enjoy using Windows 10 Home on your PC.
- Note: While installing Windows, your PC restarts several times. Don’t interrupt the process and wait until it reaches 100%.
Windows 10 Home Features
Windows 10 is faster and more secure. It enhances your creativity and productivity. Here are some important features of Windows 10 Home. Check them below to know what makes it special?
You can log in to Windows three times faster by using Fingerprint scanner/face recognition in Windows Hello. Both the tools work quickly to log you into Windows.
Built-in security tools like Windows Firewall and Internet protection bring complete protection against malware, ransomware, and viruses.
Be more productive by performing every action faster. Timeline, Your Phone, and Focus Assist bring innovative ways to be more productive. Access your phone, photos, and texts right from your Windows 10 desktop. No need to explore your phone to find these things.
Device Encryption protects your files and documents. Only authorized people can access your data.
Windows 10 comes with faster Startup. Now, you can perform Startup functions (Sleep, hibernate, reboot) incredibly faster to save time.
Sign in quickly and safely. Use face recognition and fingerprint scanner in a more responsive way.
Upgraded Cortana is quicker and faster now. The categorized search makes it easier to browse a file, photo, document and PDF file. You can search your desired documents, media files and apps instantly from online and from the system by searching in the same category.
Everything is customizable now. You can customize the desktop, apps, icons, and taskbar in Windows 10 Home. You can use catchier settings to make your desktop more attractive.
Parental Control brings browsing and screen time management in your control. Your system is safe for children and teenagers in the presence of parental control. They cannot access the adult content and social networking apps if you have enabled “Parental Control.”
Battery saver mode extends the battery life of your system. It shortens the background activities and Push notifications to add more life to the battery.
Use a digital pen with Windows 10 Home. Now, take notes, draw images, doodle, edit and create things more accurately and swiftly.
You can access all Android devices by using Windows 10 Home. Check the texts and manage content on the phone by using Windows PC.
Windows 10 Home supports the voice control feature. Now, you can manage emails and calendars by using voice commands.
In short, Windows 10 has lots of attractive features to enhance the productivity of users.