public class DSMLDiff
- extends DSMLFile
This class exposes functionality to produce an asymmetric diff of two
This program reads in two DSML files, X and Y and produces two more DSML
files, D1 and D2, such that:
X - D1 + D2 = Y
The diff is done at the "directory entry" level, i.e. Take X, remove all
the entries in D2, add/replace all the entries in D1 and you have Y. Note
that this is not symmetric, i.e. it is not the case that:
Y - D2 + D1 = X Wrong!
D1 will have no schema. D2 will have a schema built up from the two
schemas in X and Y.
The command syntax is as follows. Bold indicates a mandatory option.
DSMLDiff infileA -s subfile -a addfile infileB [options]
DSMLDiff X.dsml Y.dsml -s subtractfile -a addfile
- --subtract -s Output file to be subtracted from X.
- --add -a Output file to be added to (X - subtractfile).
- --nocomments -c Don't add human-readable deletion comments to
- --quick -q Quick mode - do not validate DSML documents
- --help -? Prints a usage message.
This method drives the DSMLDiff process.
|Methods inherited from class java.lang.Object
clone, equals, finalize, getClass, hashCode, notify, notifyAll, toString, wait, wait, wait
public static void main(java.lang.String xiArgs)
- This method drives the DSMLDiff process.
xiArgs - The command-line