DS4Windows is a freeware and portable tool that is used to connect the PS4 DualShock4 controller with the Windows PC/Laptop by using the Bluetooth device. So, you can play games on your PC. The program comes with various settings. Let say! If you want to play a racing game, you need to change the settings. The tool contains different profiles including the one known as “Auto Profiles.”
Let’s have a look on DS4Windows Salient Features to know its more benefits.
The tool comes with a straightforward user interface to work quickly. Since the program has been developed with the idea to make your controller ready to control the game, so, the UI is very quick. It is very easy to use. Once you launch the program, it takes you to the main page where you get ready to go. Well, if you are not satisfied with the settings, change it by using the Settings.
The games prefer DS4Windows due to its quality to use various profiles. You can set all the profiles on the start of a particular game. For example, if you have set a profile while you are running an indy on Steam, you can set another profile while opening the flight simulator. The profile system gives you insight into the settings of your controller. You can change the settings quickly according to a particular game you are going to play. You can customize the lightbar.
For some particular programs, you can use the Auto Profiles if you do not want to change the profile manually.
Lots of Options
There are plenty of options to play around. You can use the settings to control mapping, macros, motion controls and even the sensitivity of the touchpad. You can also customize the lightbar colours: turn on your favourite colour, turn the colours off and even more. Everything is customizable by using DS4Windows. So, being a gamer, you would love using DualShock 4 controller to play a large number of games. DS4Windows is an excellent tool to emulate the controller.
Import & Play More Games
DS4Windows allows you to import more of your favourite games from the library. Create more custom profiles and enjoy playing these games with your friends. In this way, you will have more fun now.
Compatibility & License
DS4Windows is a portable freeware for Windows 32-bit & 64-bit platform. The latest version DS4Windows 1.6.8 is available and compatible with all versions of Windows including Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
You do not need to install the updates manually. It updates automatically when a new update is available. The updates do not interrupt your activities. They are installed behind the screen.
Alternatives to DS4Windows
DS4Windows is compatible with only Windows platform, but there are some alternatives of DS4Windows that are fully compatible with all Operating Systems. Here are some of them.
AntiMicro: It is used for mapping the mouse and keyboard actions to the joystick keys. With poor gamepad support, it is a highly beneficial tool.
Xpadder: It is also used with poor or no gamepad support. Usually, it is used to play PC games.
DS4Windows Does Not Detect Controller (Fix)
Some gamers complain that the DS4Windows does not detect controller in Windows 10. It is mainly due to three main reasons.
- Windows 10 updates may be interrupting the connection. You need to uninstall the updates interrupting your program’s connection.
- DS4Windows can disable the Controller accidentally when you are using Windows 10. To fix this, you need to restart the DS4Windows and also reboot the system.
- Sometimes, DS4Windows Drivers malfunction. You need to re-install the drivers to resolve the issue.
Before moving to the download section, you need to check the list whether you have fulfilled all of the requirements or not.
- Microsoft .NET 4.5 or Above (Unzip the driver, and it should work well for Macros)
- DS4 Driver (Download the latest driver and install it when you install DS4Windows)
- Microsoft 360 Driver
- Sony DualShock 4 (it is a must)
- Micro USB Cable
- (Optional)Bluetooth 2.1+ (if it is not built-in your PC, you can use Bluetooth via adapter)
Download DS4Windows (32-bit/64-bit)
How to Use DS4Windows
- Download the Zip file.
- Here, you will see two programs; DS4Updater and DS4Windows. Extract them to your desired location.
- Double click the DS4Windows to launch it.
- You need to save the profiles to Program Files. If not there, save them to any other location.
- A pop-up Windows appear on the screen regarding the installation of the driver. Otherwise, you can go to the “Settings” and select “Controller/Driver Setup” from there to install the driver.
- Now connect the DS4 by using a micro USB/Bluetooth. (If it asks to enter the pairing code, just provide the required code)
- Everything is set up now. Go ahead to play the games. If it does not work, restart the DS4Windows. Reboot the system too.
Precaution: If you have SCP’s tool ever, just uninstall its drivers. Otherwise, it won’t let you use the Bluetooth with the DS4Windows.
Q: Bluetooth is not working with it. What to Do?
A: If you are using Toshiba’s Bluetooth, it will not work. In the same way, a Bluetooth adapter using CSR will also not work.
Q: Does it come with Bluetooth Audio Support?
A: Certainly, it does not come with Bluetooth Audio Support.
Q: What if the keyboard emulation is not working in the game?
A: When you are going to set a key for a particular button in the game, check the box “Scan code.” It does not work well with all games, but it supports most of the games. If still, the problem persists, it means DS4Windows is unable to emulate the desired game.
Q: When I use a controller with Bluetooth, Dinput mode acts weird. Why does it happen?
A: Currently, Dinput mode does not support the Bluetooth.
Q: How to fix a weird input in any game?
A: The weird input sometimes occurs because when you launch a game, it may be unsupported for the DS4. To fix the error, just close the game, enable the “Hide DS4 Controller” option in the Settings of the tool. Now connect the controller and launch your desired game again.
Q: Is DS4Windows is Safe to Use?
A: Of course, it is safe to use. It does not contain any spyware or any other infectious program. So, you can use it without being worried about your PC’s security.